Company Apply Now
Applied Manufacturing Technologies
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Engineering, Manufacturing and Production
The Manufacturing Engineer of the AMT Systems Team will execute system integration strategies to ensure the success of new projects.
Support the development of new technologies to expand our capabilities and offerings.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will focus on subcontractors, fabricators, and unique equipment suppliers to ensure the success of our robotic automated solutions that will delight our customers.
Reports to the Systems Mechanical Engineering Manager.
Regular responsibilities include:
- May act as a liaison between project manager, customer, and suppliers.
- Compiles estimates for make versus buy or estimating budget purposes.
- Provides major influence in supplier selection for an individual project.
- Supports project change order process with suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain budget and scope of certain aspects of the project.
- Interpret engineering layouts, designs, and data.
- Works with Mechanical Team to clearly define areas of scope that are contracted or purchased outside the organization.
- Create scope documents and kick off packages for the internal and external customers.
- Works with project or equipment specialists to support design.
- Documents and communicate critical information.
- Able to modify designs to meet requirements.
- Support supply chain management in establishing and maintaining good relationships with mechanical related labor and equipment suppliers.
- Create strategic alignments.
- Assist in identifying the supplier’s capacity and special abilities.
- Solicits quotations for support equipment that may be required. This includes generating inquiry and defining of scope of work for sub suppliers.
- Evaluate unique suppliers’ equipment and be responsible for approval to ship.
- Makes field checks to the customer site.
- Supports the entire build phase at AMT through acceptance.
- Supports the entire commissioning phase at the customer’s site through acceptance.
- Meet deadlines without compromising the integrity of the project or safety.
- Maintaining a professional and positive relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Participate in formal and informal design review meetings between electrical engineering, programmers, and the assembly team, as required.
- 5 years or more experience in industrial automation design
- Knowledge and use of industry engineering standards for construction and clarification of assembly drawings
- Knowledge and use of industry standards for safety and ergonomics
- Experience in special machine design
- Experience with conveyor systems and product palletizing is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Proficient with common MS Office software
- Experience conducting fieldwork/field check at customer sites
- Ability to direct mechanical designers, on site, off site, to complete project related tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Collaborate with engineers, customers, suppliers, builders, project managers and leadership.
- Ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Eager to dive in and solve issues.
Other suggested skills:
- Expertise in other CAD software such as Inventor, Unigraphics and Catia
- Expertise in Pneumatics design
- Expertise in conducting risk assessments, PFMEAS
- FEA expertise in CAD FEA
Excellent benefits and working environment
Sponsorship and relocation not available for this position