Public Relations Coordinator
This position will serve DRTC’s needs for Public Relations in upholding a positive image consistent with current branding, as well as pursuing, securing and reporting on various corporate fundraising and grant opportunities in order for the agency to better support people with disabilities as they reach their employment goals.
Typical job functions include, but are not limited to: copywriting (news releases, agency publications), video production (informational, entertainment, training), outreach and relationship development with agency stakeholders, potential funders and the general public, as well as researching, applying for, and reporting on grant opportunities and outcomes.
This position’s functions will be split between Public Relations Department responsibilities (approximately 50%), Grant Writing (approximately 25%), and fundraising (approximately 25%).
- Bachelor’s Degree plus experience in public relations, grant writing, corporate fundraising or news industry
- Experience in events planning, media and marketing
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe products preferred
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Photography experience a plus
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to pass background checks, reference checks and pre-employment drug tests as Agency required or as Agency deems necessary
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
- Professional dress
- Regular and punctual attendance
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail and goal oriented
- Team player
- Work within parameters of system
- Ability to complete multiple projects
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment (using a computer, keyboard and monitor) and requires sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have mobility, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
Typical working hours are 8AM-5PM Monday through Friday with one (1) hour for lunch, and two (2), 15-minute breaks if scheduling allows.
Some weekends, as well as local travel may be required for this position.
This position is non-exempt and receives overtime pay at one and one-half (1.5) times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek.
This position is classified under Partial Remote Work Designation, meaning approximately 10-40% of job functions can typically be completed remotely. Eligible for up to 8-10 hours/week of remote work. Remote hours are not guaranteed, and staff are eligible for up to this amount of remote work, based on agency need.
Supervised By: PR Director
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities
Certification or Training Required (At Agency’s Expense):
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Philosophy Training
- Backlift Safety Training
- Other ongoing training for job specific, professional, and personal development
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Public Relations (approximately 50%)
- Responsible for executing relevant portions of the annual Public Relations/Marketing plan.
- Raising awareness of DRTC’s programs/services/products
- Provide consistent updates to internal message boards with input from supervisor, HR, Admin team
- Maintaining agency branding, key messages, etc. as outlined in the Public
- Relations Department Operations Manual
- Provide tours/presentations to the community, including United Way functions, as scheduled
- Editor/publisher of agency publications
- Attend relevant trade shows, seminars, conferences
- Photography & videography as needed, in support of agency & departmental goals
- Trained in all processes of in-house printing to provide back up to the PR Department
Grant Writing (approximately 25%)
- Oversights Agency grant application process and awarded grant tracking and reporting requirement with Fiscal Department
- Maintains appropriate database files and records relative donor activities
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with foundations, funding sources, agency advocates and others in the community
- Provide market research, data, analytics, and other relevant information regarding donor development and return on investment
Fundraising (approximately 25%)
- Develops and executes corporate donor development strategies that support DRTC’s mission and strategic goals
- Event Planning (including maintaining Project Breakdown Forms), management, and coordination
- Responsible for donor correspondence via Executive Director and Board
You can submit an application online today, or print an application to fill out by hand and mail or fax to DRTC.
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 943-9710
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
DRTC is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer