Director of Human Resources
As part of the overall DRTC Administration Leadership Team (ALT), this position provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of an effective department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet the mission of DRTC. This position works with the Executive Director, to achieve the overall strategic goals of the agency. This position analyzes and advises ALT based on the most current legal requirements, established policies/procedures and professional experience in the field.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: HR Coordinator, FC HR Manager
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources, HRIS or related experience with 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or human resources or related field required
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Experience with social/non-profit program development and management a plus
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass background checks, reference checks and pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to meet badge requirements for all Federal Contracts sites
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations concerning employment laws and policies
- Knowledge of recruitment resources and methods
- Knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, workplace accessibility and accommodations for people with disabilities
- Knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and program implementation
- Able to conduct risk assessment in regard to issues which may involve several aspects of the overall agency
- Strong program development skills to meet the goals of the agency
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversights functions of the Human Resources Department to include all areas of recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, employment, records, termination and employee development
- Oversights all functions of the Federal Contract (FC) Intake Program to include program requirements to qualify as a person with disabilities under the AbilityOne Commission
- Responsible for the HR component of all SourceAmerica reviews/audits and compliance with all policies/procedures/regulations/standards set forth by SourceAmerica
- Develop department goals, objectives, key performance indicators and systems. Evaluate results and outcomes of established goals
Conduct legal research as needed or when requested by the Executive Director and report findings
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws particularly those relating to employment law; including, but not limited to, FLSA, FMLA, HIPPA, Workers Compensation, COBRA, ADA, Title VII to include all Federal Contracts
- Responsible for managing agency’s unemployment claim disputes at the initial and appeal levels
- Provide support and professional support in facilitation as requested by Executive Director
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an effective and comprehensive training program to meet agency goals, ensure compliance, provide staff development, and support the mission to include disability related curriculum.
- Serves as backup for reporting and monitoring workers compensation claims for employees; may provide reports and make recommendations, in conjunction with the Insurance Committee, for the reduction of liability of workers compensation claims
- Responsible for handling and monitoring unemployment claims, provide reports for DRTC and make recommendations for the reduction of liability of unemployment claims
- Responsible for annual updating of Affirmative Action Program (Narrative, Statistical, Progress and Plan, and Support Data).
- Reviews records, reports (EEO-1 Survey), and logs necessary to conform to EEO regulations. CC assuming responsibility for Creating the data and submitting annual EEO-1 reports.
- Vets 4212 Report CC assuming this responsibility
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an hour for lunch. Hours may vary according to agency needs. Travel to the contracts is required to provide support and oversight of the Human Resources functions. This position is exempt and does not receive overtime pay.
This position has a Leadership designation for Remote Work at the discretion of the Executive Director.
CERTIFICATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED: (At Agency's Expense)
Out-of Agency Trainings:
· Ongoing training for job specific, professional, and personal development
THIS POSITION IS DESIGNATED AS THE HIPAA COMPLIANCE AND PRIVACY OFFICER AND THE CORPORATE COMPLIANCE OFFICER. These designations must be re-assigned in the event this position experiences a staffing change.
If you are interested in working at Tinker AFB or Oklahoma City, submit application for employment to one or all of our employment opportunities. You can submit an application online today, or print an application to fill out by hand and mail or fax to DRTC.
2501 N. Utah Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73107
Phone: (405) 946-4489
Fax: (405) 267-6929
Video Phone #: (405) 445-7314
DRTC is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer