Residential Reconstruction Estimator
Company Apply Now
Kowalski Construction, Inc is a nationally recognized restoration leader in Arizona, family-owned and operated since 1967.
Are you someone who believes in family values, does the right thing when no one is watching and is involved in serving your community, leading by example? We are a company that cares about work/life balance because we all have a life outside of work.
What makes Kowalski Construction different from other restoration companies? We create a supportive environment for our employees, invest in their personal and professional growth, encourage family and work-life balance beyond the worksite.
A residential Reconstruction Estimator prepares and estimates budget costs for construction by studying plans and specifications. Evaluates offers to purchase by site requirements, additions, and costing changes. Resolve cost differences by analyzing and collecting info. Writes up and presents budgets, reports, and project plans.
- Prepares and estimates budget costs for construction by studying plans and specifications
- Evaluates offers to purchase by site requirements, additions, and costing changes
- Resolve cost differences by analyzing and collecting info
- Writes up and presents budgets, reports, and project plans
- Develops bids for construction projects
- Collaborates closely with adjusters and other professionals
- Schedules meetings with clients, site managers, and staff
- Navigates and understands building codes
- Processes paperwork and travels to building sites as required
- Monitors construction processes
- Stays up to date with safety codes and improvements in construction
- Provides excellent customer service to customers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong math skills including algebra, geometry, and basic arithmetic
- Ability to navigate specifications and plans
- Proficiency in demonstrating proposals and projects
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once
- Knowledge of the latest building codes
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Certificate in general construction, roofing, electrician etc.
- At least 3 years of related experience is required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- 2 years’ experience using Xactimate writing billings or estimates (Knowledge in Symbility a plus)
- Medical (75% paid by employer for employee which you can choose from a PPO or HSA plan), Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Insurance (Disability, Accident, Critical Illness)
- 401K, Kowalski contributes up to 3% of employee contribution
- Vacation and sick time
- Tool & Boot Purchase Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45K - $55K (DOE)